Back to Wellness: Yoga for Back Pain with Noell Hyman
12:30 – 2:30 PM
$20 by May 11; $25 after After May 11
A recent study concluded that a regular weekly yoga practice can be just as effective as physical therapy.** The Back to Wellness workshop will show you how to use yoga to improve your back and reduce your pain. Most people do not take advantage of all the ways yoga can help chronic conditions that cause pain, simply because they don’t know exactly how. Noell will share tools that you can use at home, at work, in your yoga class, or in your other workouts. She’ll show you how you can adapt your in-class or at-home yoga practice to strengthen and soothe problem areas, as well as how you can use yoga, breathing techniques, and meditation to create a change in your condition and reduce the the suffering it causes you.
You will leave with specific tools, practices, exercises, and information regarding:
- A major key to reducing pain in general
- Spinal health
- Refining your yoga poses for back health
- Reclaiming core and spinal stability
- Front and back body balance
- Hip health
- Re-patterning the nervous system
- Releasing chronic tension
- Creating and cultivating a healing mind and body
Join Noell for the workshop and get back to wellness.
* You must be able to get up and down on the floor for this workshop. Please bring a mat.
** Study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine; annals.org; June 2017).